WEBCO Security Frequently Asked Questions
- Please call WEBCO 763-767-7229 and provide us with your contact information and we'll make arrangments for a technician to call you to provide whatever training you need. If necessary, we can schedule someone to come out for a personal training session.
- The system status will alert you of current panel activity. Push the status button to reveal what is the reason for the alert. Entering in your access code will temporarily silence the beeping. Various GE Security alarm system manuals are available for you to upload from our website. If you need further assistance, please call WEBCO’s service department 763-767-7229.
- Yes! Your GE security system is equipped with battery backup, so your system will continue to protect for several hours after a power failure. Once the power is restored, the battery will automatically recharge.
- False alarms are at a minimum because WEBCO installs good quality GE Security equipment, which is easy to use. If you have an accidental alarm and promply enter in your code; the system siren will stop ringing. If you have entered the appropriate code within one minute or so, you may not even hear from our response center. Your system status will be illuminated to indicate and confirm the alarm. You can clear the system status by entering in your code after you’ve listened or reviewed the status information.
Please contact the response-monitoring center directly 952-895-3576 or 877-278-3420 for our complete protocol. When an intrustion alarm is activated, one of our trained monitoring representatives will call you right away to make sure that everything is OK at your home. Be prepared to provide your personal identification code.
To cancel an alarm or to put your system on disregard, please call the response-monitoring center directly 952-895-3576 or 877-278-3420. Be prepared to provide your personal identification code. The alarm will be canceled and the authorities will not be dispatched. Some Cities require permits and/or have false alarm ordinances. Please contact your local city or county offices to obtain a copy of their ordinance. WEBCO and our dispatch center DOES NOT charge you for any false or accidental alarms.
- If you are omitting your telephone landline service or you are changing your phone service over to a cable company digital phone system, adding DSL high-speed internet access, adding VOIP (voice over IP) phone service or changing your phone service in any way, please contact WEBCO’s service department immediately. This will insure your life safety & security system will still be able to communicate it's alarm signals to our dispatch center. Fortunately, some of the GE Security equipment can be upgraded with hardware that communicates to our central station even without a landline. We offer several flexible levels of monitoring plans and options to cover all areas of your security needs.
- Yes. Though the alarm services agreement reads “This form of payment may not be changed by the subscriber during the term of this agreement”, you can easily change from one auto payment source to another. Simply call our administration 763-767-7229 and we will be able to assist you.
- You will receive a statement for your first billing cycle, which typically includes a pro-rate plus the next full month in advance. Once your Automatic Bill Payment procedure has been established and set up at your financial institution, your Bill Payment Service will debit your recurring charges as defined in alarm services monitoring agreement. You will receive a statement for any one-time charges on your account, such as additional equipment or service-call charges. To get answers to questions about your bill, just call 763-767-7229.
- We value your business. Inevitably, people move. When you do move, you have options. Please contact WEBCO’s main office number 763-767-7229 to consult with our customer care staff for alternative plans.
If you are planning to move please review your Alarm System Monitoring Service Agreement for it's terms and conditions. A 30-day written notice is required if you intend to cancel the Agreement either at the end of the initial term, or any renewal term.
- Please call the response/dispatch center 952-895-3576 or 877-278-3420, day or night and our customer service representatives will make the changes for you right away. Please have personal identification code available for identification purposes. You may also call our administration at 763-767-7229.
- You should test your alarm system weekly per the manufacture instructions to make sure that it is in good working order. We also conduct weekly timer tests via our central station. Various GE Security alarm system manuals are available for you to upload from our website. If you need further assistance, please call WEBCO 763-767-7229 and provide us with your contact information and we'll make arrangments for a technician to call you to provide whatever training you need or we will walk you through the process.
- WEBCO has a very generous referral program. We appreciate and consider customer referrals as the highest acclamation our customers can give us. Many of our current customers have trusted us enough to refer their friends and family member to us. Please remind your referee’s to provide us with your name so that we can be sure to send you $100! Or you may choose to use the money as a credit in your monthly monitoring, or torwards upgrades to your equipment. This is our way of saying thank you for the confidence you've placed in us.